Welp, last night was a train wreck. I came home from work super depressed (yay, post-breakup wreckage!), and I ate. Boy, did I eat. Here’s what happened:
- Soup (planned dinner)
- 1/4 sleeve of Ritz crackers
- 10 piece chicken nuggets from Burger King
- Large onion ring from Burger King
- Lean Cuisine personal pizza with extra pepperoni and cheese
- More pepperoni and mozzarella cheese sticks
I’m posting this to bring it into the light. I kept my tendency for binge eating in the dark for years. I spent two years in therapy to deal with Binge Eating Disorder. In fact, the eating disorder developed in the wake of a very similar relationship situation. In my heart bingeing is wrapped in shame. I’m not living like that anymore.
So, here it is, in all its glory. I’m back on the wagon today. The IF and low-carb plans are in full effect.
When do you struggle? What steps do you take to avoid the temptation to indulge during emotional moments (whether that’s with food or something else)?