It’s fall/winter time here in Minnesota, and that means it’s soup time.
Here’s a super simple, low carb chicken soup I love. I’m still refining the recipe, but I want to share what I have so we can start experimenting with fantastic low carb soups!
- Boil about 2 pounds of chicken.
- Shred the chicken.
- Chop and sautée the following in bacon fat (yes, bacon fat. I:
- 2 ribs of celery
- 1 lb of carrots
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (depending on how much you love garlic. If you’re anything like me, you’ll throw in 47.)
- Add 6 cups of low sodium chicken stock.
- Add the chicken back in.
- Add the following:
- 1/4 tsp of crushed basil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Anything else you think might taste good.
- Boil that up, and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
Baby you got yourself a stew goin’.
I’ve taken this to work for lunch most days over the past two weeks, and it’s a fantastic midday treat.
What would you add? What would you take out? Who would you serve this too if they were your best friend?